February 20, 2011

Contender

I went out and looked at Contender yesterday as Nick and I were passing through Cloverdale on our way to the Haute for a party (ugh, that party).  I haven't ridden him yet, but from being around him free in the field, I already like what I see.  He still looks like an immature Cob, but he's so nice.  He's the perfect size, in my opinion, at 14hh, well-balanced and with a nice shoulder.  He's less of a pocket-pony than the other Cobs, which isn't a bad thing.  He was aloof and flighty when I first approached him, which was probably partially due to the fact that all the boys had just come cantering up the hill toward me.

I'm fascinated by him, and I can't wait to swing a leg over him, which it looks like will be happening the first weekend of March.  I'm really afraid, though, that I'm going to fall in love with him and have to make some hard decisions.  I'm not sure that I can afford a horse, and I'm really not sure that I can afford a horse and take lessons, and the lessons are so important for me to be taking.  We'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment